Does the idea of joining a company built around an important social mission speak to you? Are you interested in making more of a difference in the world? Then join us!
Since 1982, Greyston Bakery has worked to help individuals facing barriers to employment secure employment, improve their lives, and become self-sufficient. In its manufacturing facility in Yonkers, NY, Greyston hires entry-level bakery apprentices through a process called Open Hiring®. Greyston also offers innovative training, personal development, wraparound social services, and the opportunity to unlock full human potential.
Greyston Bakery is a for-profit entity helping fund the non-profit Greyston Foundation. For over 30 years, Greyston has been the primary supplier of baked inclusions for Ben & Jerry’s/Unilever in the United States and Europe and now also offers its brownies through leading retailers such as Whole Foods and via its direct-to-consumer E-Commerce and Corporate Gifting website.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the General Manager, the Sales Manager will be responsible for the sales portfolio of Greyston’s Grocery, Foodservice, Ingredient and Corporate Gift channels. This position requires a high-energy, self-starting, team player with the ability to work collaboratively across the organization. You will also need a passion for food, a basic understanding of food manufacturing, curiosity to learn, and incredible initiative and interpersonal skill to service a range of current and potential customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create, develop and execute optimal account strategies, action plans, and volume forecasts for both Retail (e.g. Grocery such as Whole Foods) and B2B Channels (e.g. Foodservice and Food Manufacturing such as ice cream manufacturers).
- Manage Corporate Gift business and develop strategies and tactics to drive growth.
- Develop and implement strategies for generating leads and acquiring new accounts in all channels via any/all avenues (e.g. in-person visits, industry events, SEO marketing, telemarketing, direct mail).
- Develop long-term partnerships with target key accounts to increase sales and margins.
- Partner with R&D, Marketing, Supply Chain, E-Commerce and Operations functions to ensure the alignment of sales strategy and product offerings with technical and operational capabilities.
- Work closely with Finance and Supply Chain to ensure excellence in pricing, contract execution, trade promotions / incentives, inventory management, budgeting and accounts receivables.
- Share weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting on sales and profitability metrics while identifying any sales or profitability issues and developing strategies to remedy.
- Manage price lists, trade promotions, deductions and overall customer service.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Sales (ideally at a managerial level).
- Experience in food industry strongly preferred (and experience with UNFI very helpful).
- Gift experience and/or Telemarketing experience very helpful.
- Creative and resourceful team player with ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Goal oriented with strong drive for results.
- Highly adaptable with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation, and analytical skills.
- Highly developed communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters expeditiously / proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion.
- Passionate about Greyston’s Mission (Social Justice Commitment).
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with high attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with wide array of stakeholders, including staff, external partners and customers.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Comfortable handling both strategizing and executing as a “player / coach” (as position does not have any direct reports).
- Greyston is committed to creating equitable employment opportunities for all individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.