At Greyston, we create thriving communities through the practice and promotion of Open Hiring, which means we provide employment opportunities to people regardless of their background or work history, while offering them the support necessary both to succeed in the workplace and to thrive in the community. With our history as a social justice pioneer, Greyston is recognized as one of the country’s leading social enterprises that provides individuals opportunities for employment. Our philosophy fuels community development and a commitment to human growth and potential. With tremendous interest in socially responsible business and the massive economic dysfunction driven by poverty, recidivism and a lack of job opportunities for people with barriers.
Greyston is poised to capitalize on these factors by launching the Greyston Employment Opportunity Center as a focal point for generating and measuring social innovative impact.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The HR Business Partner is responsible to provide comprehensive, proactive Human Resources support to the employees and management of the Greyston Bakery. Manages Open Hiring and all HR functions for all Bakery employees. The HR Business Partner will work with the General Manager and the Production Team in resolving any employee-related issues.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Partner with Bakery management
- Handle all employee and labor relations issues at Greyston Bakery
- Coordinate recruitment for Greyston Bakery, including Open Hiring
- Administers benefits for Greyston Bakery
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 3-5 years HR experience with increasing responsibility, including in employee relations and benefits administration; PHR or SHRM-CP preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written).
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain good working relationships ant to communicate and collaborate effectively
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and explain complex documents and financial information
- Bilingual English-Spanish preferred
- Greyston is committed to creating equitable employment opportunities for all individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.