At Greyston, we unlock the power of human potential through inclusive employment, one person at a time, leading with our Open Hiring model. With our history as a social justice pioneer, Greyston is recognized as one of the country’s leading social enterprises that provides individuals opportunities for employment. Our philosophy fuels community development and a commitment to human growth and potential. With tremendous interest in socially responsible business and the massive economic dysfunction driven by poverty, recidivism and a lack of job opportunities for people with barriers.
Greyston is poised to capitalize on these factors by launching the Greyston Employment Opportunity Center as a focal point for generating and measuring social innovative impact.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role will report to the Greyston Foundation’s Finance department and be responsible for supporting the Greyston Bakery’s financial performance while working closely with the Bakery’s Leadership team to strategically improve the business. The financial analyst will act as a focused steward of the end-to-end P&L for the bakery, including month-end close activities, budgeting, and forecasting. The Financial Analyst will critically report on all financial performance elements of the bakery business, including products, customers, and channels. This role also provides business analytics support for key strategic decisions and day-to-day business management plus, on an as-needed basis, support to other members of the Bakery and Foundation’s leadership teams re: ad-hoc financial projects such as capital spending ROI analyses, price list updating, and productivity investment analyses.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Support development and analysis of strategic plans, operating plans, and forecast updates for the business
- Analyze monthly financial results of the business and regularly review conclusions with operating management
- Oversee operating budgets, thoroughly analyzing expense trends and identifying cost reduction opportunities
- Perform Ad-Hoc Analysis for key investment projects and promotional initiatives, ensuring every leadership team member is fiscally aware and accountable for the impact of their decisions
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- College degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Management required
- 3-5 years of financial experience; preferably in a food-based CPG company
- Excellent analytic and computer skills, strong communication ability
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint; Proficiency in data-base management & analysis preferred
- Demonstrated analytical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills w/ strong attention to detail
- Comfort in providing appropriate challenge/pushback and feedback
- Ability to work collaboratively and build positive and effective business partnerships
- Enjoy working on a team while possessing a strong independent work ethic
- Ability to work in fast paced, limited resource environment and multi-task priorities
- Ability to analyze problems and find new and efficient ways to resolve and improve processes/systems
- Ability to successfully manage change and deal with ambiguous situations
- Must have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written English fluency required; Spanish competency a plus
- Greyston is committed to creating equitable employment opportunities for all individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.