At Greyston, we create thriving communities through the practice and promotion of Open Hiring, which means we provide employment opportunities to people regardless of their background or work history, while offering them the support necessary both to succeed in the workplace and to thrive in the community. With our history as a social justice pioneer, Greyston is recognized as one of the country’s leading social enterprises that provides individuals opportunities for employment. Our philosophy fuels community development and a commitment to human growth and potential. With tremendous interest in socially responsible business and the massive economic dysfunction driven by poverty, recidivism and a lack of job opportunities for people with barriers.
Greyston is poised to capitalize on these factors by launching the Center for Open Hiring as a focal point for generating and measuring social innovative impact.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to the VP of Strategic Programs to manage the administrative details, operational tasks and follow-up communications affiliated with the Foundation’s various strategic programs. The Assistant provides administrative support to all members of Strategic Programs while maximizing operational efficiencies, workflow and communication. The Assistant ensures compliance in workforce development activities. The Assistant exercises initiative and independent judgment in managing the VP’s and team calendars, classroom events and the department’s daily activities.
- Interacts extensively and serves as the liaison between Strategic Programs and Foundation administrators, Board members, staff, other departments, clients, and external stakeholders to determine needs, gather/deliver information and resolve problems. Ensures a professional, welcoming and responsive environment.
- Prepares reports, Powerpoint presentations, spreadsheets and correspondence in support of department activities.
- Manages training events including coordinating the training calendar; interacting with and scheduling trainees; handling classroom logistics; and preparing training materials..
- Monitors and ensures training compliance for workforce development programs.
- Responsible for ensuring policy compliance with municipal and Foundation grants.
- Works with Grants/Development and other departments, ensuring timely and clear communication, distribution of funds and deadlines.
- Compiles data to prepare invoices.
- Submits expense reimbursements in a timely manner. Resolves discrepancies.
- Maintains efficient records management system by overseeing the filing system to include creating, updating and retrieving records as needed.
- Competently manages the scheduling of meetings via various platforms such as Teams, Zoom and Outlook.
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for and development of skills to engage with those of various socioeconomic backgrounds.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Professional appearance and demeanor is essential to represent the organization in person and on phones.
- Excellent telephone etiquette, communication and organizational skills, as well as excellent numerical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities, assignments and projects simultaneously. Utilizes a proactive, resourceful, problem-solving approach without prompting or micromanagement; a consummate self-starter.
- Ability to prioritize and execute desired project goals with prudence and sense of urgency.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions from multiple individuals simultaneously.
- Ability to interact effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels, both internal and external to Greyston.
- Ability to work independently, as well as a member of various teams and committees.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Must be extremely detailed; ability to execute accurately at a high level without excess supervision.
- Desire to invest your passion and commitment to a mission that you feel you can embrace and to contribute to the organization’s growth and success.
- A willingness and flexibility to do “whatever it takes” for “whoever needs it” to ensure success of the organization’s mission.
- Exceptional Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook skills.
- Understanding and experience with foundation and government grant reporting processes is preferred.
- Greyston is committed to creating equitable employment opportunities for all individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.