At Greyston, we create thriving communities through the practice and promotion of Open Hiring, which means we provide employment opportunities to people regardless of their background or work history, while offering them the support necessary both to succeed in the workplace and to thrive in the community. With our history as a social justice pioneer, Greyston is recognized as one of the country’s leading social enterprises that provides individuals opportunities for employment. Our philosophy fuels community development and a commitment to human growth and potential. With tremendous interest in socially responsible business and the massive economic dysfunction driven by poverty, recidivism and a lack of job opportunities for people with barriers.
Greyston is poised to capitalize on these factors by launching the Greyston Employment Opportunity Center as a focal point for generating and measuring social innovative impact.
Leader in R&D:
- Lead, manage and develop members of the R&D team
- Lead Research and Development initiatives to bring new products to market on schedule and within budget
- Key driver of product lifecycle management, coordinating with Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, Production and Finance in support of the development of product and packaging changes
- Partner with Marketing and Sales in Insight Activation to develop new strategic ideas and provide technical support to customers to win in the marketplace
- Keen understanding of product labeling, nutrition software, claims development and validation, and specification management.
- Oversee Quality and R&D labs, testing programs (Shelf Life, Sensory, Chemical/Physical, Microbiology)
- Oversee Full-Scale Production trials for innovation, renovation, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Partner with Ingredient suppliers, maintain knowledge and develop new systems and technologies for innovation and cost-savings initiatives
Champion of Quality:
- Lead, manage and develop members of the Quality team
- Act as a mouthpiece and liaison for the Quality team in Greyston Leadership meetings and external customer support.
- Advance over-arching Quality initiatives with the cross-functional teams
- Drive robust Root Cause Analysis and regular record and review of Key Performance Indicators
- Partner with supervisory management to develop the quality control capabilities of Greyston’s staff in the context of the Greyston’s Mission of Open Hiring™
- Keep excellent records of quality reports, statistical reviews and related documentation
- Assist Production team in troubleshooting and improving quality and performance of products and packaging
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Bachelor Degree in Food Science or related field
- HACCP Certified
- 5- 10 years experience
- Greyston is committed to creating equitable employment opportunities for all individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.