At Greyston, we create thriving communities through the practice and promotion of Open Hiring, which means we provide employment opportunities to people regardless of their background or work history, while offering them the support necessary both to succeed in the workplace and to thrive in the community. With our history as a social justice pioneer, Greyston is recognized as one of the country’s leading social enterprises that provides individuals opportunities for employment. Our philosophy fuels community development and a commitment to human growth and potential. With tremendous interest in socially responsible business and the massive economic dysfunction driven by poverty, recidivism and a lack of job opportunities for people with barriers.
Greyston is poised to capitalize on these factors by launching the Greyston Employment Opportunity Center as a focal point for generating and measuring social innovative impact.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Development Associate will support the Development department by assisting and supporting fundraising operations by contacting and developing relationships with donors and maintaining the various databases and helping with other administrative tasks.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
Responsible for the integrity of donor databases.
- Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor relationships on the database and communicate accordingly, including acknowledgment letters, renewals, organization updates, etc.
- Maintains the accuracy and integrity of databases by ensuring that all information is kept current and up to date.
- Troubleshoots database issues.
Provides support to the Development team during fundraising campaigns.
- Conduct prospect research for new revenue opportunities, including corporate, foundation and individual donors.
- Assist with the planning, executing, and managing virtual and in-person events.
- Keeps in regular contact with donors during fundraising events.
- Assists in scheduling meetings with prospective funders and donors.
Provides basic administrative duties to the Development department.
- Assists with the creation and finalization of guest lists.
- Mails flyers and other correspondence to potential donors, volunteers, and guests in order to inform them of events and activities.
- Performs basic administrative duties such as database maintenance, managing mailing lists, and create monthly fundraising reports.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Displays exceptional time-management and other organizational skills as needed for meeting deadlines.
- Shows persuasiveness and the ability to procure donors, funders and items needed for fundraising efforts.
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor whether speaking to others in person, over the phone, via email or through letters.
- Works well alone as well as under direct supervision.
- Commitment to Greyston’s core values, mission and programs with an approach consistent with the foundation’s guiding principles, and holding self to the highest ethical standards.
- Strong executional and project management skills with a proven record of meeting deadlines and commitments.
- Two to three years’ experience in an administrative position, preferably in a nonprofit development office (preferred but not required).
- Experience organizing fundraising events is preferred (preferred but not required).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and CRM system, SalesForce preferred.
- Greyston is committed to creating equitable employment opportunities for all individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.