Is the idea of working on a great brand with a critical social mission something that appeals to you? Would you like to make more of a difference in the world? Then Greyston Bakery may be the perfect place for you!
Since 1982, Greyston Bakery has worked to help individuals facing barriers to employment secure employment, improve their lives, and become self-sufficient. In its manufacturing facility in Yonkers, NY, Greyston hires entry-level bakery apprentices through a process called Open Hiring®. Greyston also offers innovative training, personal development, wraparound social services, and the opportunity to unlock full human potential.
Greyston Bakery is a for-profit entity helping fund the non-profit Greyston Foundation. For over 30 years, Greyston has been the primary supplier of baked inclusions for Ben & Jerry’s/Unilever in the United States and Europe and now also offers its brownies through leading retailers such as Whole Foods and via its direct-to-consumer E-Commerce and Corporate Gifting website.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re seeking a creative and analytical team player to introduce, establish and drive a culture of continuous improvement throughout our bakery organization. This position will be the architect and coordinator of processes across all Greyston’s functions to improve effectiveness and efficiency across all of our activities so we can create more jobs, more job opportunities and more job training for more people in need.
- Drive manufacturing efficiency and effectiveness improvements in plant environment while maintaining or improving quality.
- Review and update manuals, procedures, work instructions and forms for production, quality and maintenance to ensure compliance.
- Evaluate production capabilities to meet required design, quality, and material specifications.
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of technological developments and trends for guidance of production teams.
- Develops, executes and analyzes production/quality reporting measures.
- Supports concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing production floor and the customer needs.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong executional skills with the ability to meet deadlines and commitments within a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Position requires initiative and self-motivation, as well as the ability to set priorities, demonstrate good judgment and communicate effectively.
- Evaluate and establish manufacturing parameters
- Develop and maintain manufacturing KPI’s
- Ability to effectively train production floor personnel through positive coaching.
- A team player with strong influencer skills and ability to work well with peers;
- Clear and effective verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and motivated self-starter with the ability to construct new and innovative solutions for complex and varying problems.
- Ability to simplify complex problems and work succinctly with others.
- Skilled in Lean Process Techniques or similar techniques.
- Ability to interpret regulations and laws and disseminate information.
- Commitment to Greyston’s core values, mission, and programs with an approach that is consistent with the foundation’s guiding principles and holding self to the highest ethical standards.
- Bachelor Degree required, Engineering or Technical degree preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in a process-oriented operations and/or related industry
- 3-5 years compliance/regulatory experience
- Lean Process, or similar, certified and OSHA certified
- Food/Bakery experience a plus
- Experience with a $20+ million company a plus
- Greyston is committed to creating equitable employment opportunities for all individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.