At Greyston, we create thriving communities through the practice and promotion of Open Hiring, which means we provide employment opportunities to people regardless of their background or work history, while offering them the support necessary both to succeed in the workplace and to thrive in the community. With our history as a social justice pioneer, Greyston is recognized as one of the country’s leading social enterprises that provides individuals opportunities for employment. Our philosophy fuels community development and a commitment to human growth and potential. With tremendous interest in socially responsible business and the massive economic dysfunction driven by poverty, recidivism and a lack of job opportunities for people with barriers.
Greyston is poised to capitalize on these factors by launching the Greyston Employment Opportunity Center as a focal point for generating and measuring social innovative impact.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Marketing is responsible for driving brand awareness, lead generation, and ensuring that our audience has a cohesive experience throughout their entire journey. We’re looking for a Content Marketing Specialist to join our growing Marketing team.
- Develop, own, and execute a content strategy and editorial calendar that drive quality leads, increase engagement from target audiences, enhance PR efforts, and help achieve short-term and long-term marketing goals
- Research, develop, and author original content including website content, blog content, email messaging, whitepapers, video scripts, and more
- Interview internal team members and write thought leadership content on their behalf for various publications and channels
- Assist Marketing Directors in copy needs for product, operations, social media, and sales enablement collateral as needed
- Optimize content according to SEO best practices
- Establish consistency across content in terms of brand messaging, style, and tone
- Perform ongoing content audits to identify top performing content, make strategic recommendations on improvements to the customer journey and real-time changes to achieve lead gen goals
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- You live and breathe writing educational, engaging content day-in and day-out
- You can easily transform our foundation and bakery information into digestible stories
- You have the ability to communicate cross-functionally to uncover angles, ideas, and perspectives that positively impact your writing
- You have an open mind and you’re open to feedback
- You’ve never met a to-do list you haven’t been able to tackle in an efficient and organized way
- You’ll champion the brand, ensuring Greyston messaging guidelines are implemented at every turn
- Excellent written communication skills
- 3-5 years of relevant content writing experience
- An eagle eye for grammar and extreme attention to detail
- Disciplined and deadline-oriented, while communicating and coordinating across teams and multiple projects
- Experience and comfort with informing and executing SEO best practices
- Curiosity to learn the ins and outs of a mission drive company and become a true thought leader
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and content management systems
- Experience with Canva, Adobe suite, and additional tools for content creation.
- Experience with content management platforms like Hootesuite, Loomly, Facebook Business Suite.
- Knowledge of email service providers like Mailchimp and Klaviyo.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and make sound independent decisions
- Innate ability to be self-directed
- Greyston is committed to creating equitable employment opportunities for all individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.