Maitri is a safe place where individuals living with HIV/AIDS can participate in a continuum of services to help them live full and productive lives. Maitri offers complete treatment and facilitated workshops for individuals and their families coping with the disease.
Maitri Center is licensed by the State of New York Department of Health, operates six days a week, and is the only such program in Westchester County.
Some benefits of the program are:
- Case management to identify what the member needs and wants to accomplish
- Quality and compassionate medical and nursing care
- Supportive services to help members attain or maintain recovery
- Nutritious meals
- Exercise and fitness classes and facilities
- Expressive and recreational therapies
- Complementary healing therapies